In March I went on a surprise trip to Utah.
Sweet TJ flew me out as a Birthday surprise for Cami!
We had to keep it a secret for over a month, it was one of the hardest things. I talk to her at least once a day and every time we talk we always lament how far away we live from each other. On her rough days I wanted to say "Don't worry I'm coming, I'm coming to help you!"
TJ was in Florida for work and so I flew home with him. Once we got close to their house he dropped me off around the corner and I walked to their house and rang the doorbell this is what happened after. It was the best surprise!
It was a great break for me. I got to fly on the plane all by myself! I even slept almost the whole flight something that I have NEVER done before! I went to bed when I wanted to and got to be fun Aunt Whitty and shut down mom mode.
For Cami's birthday we did a flower theme. Gracie and I made the cute flower banner together as a secret project. The whole time we were making it Grace kept saying "Mom is going to love it!" It was so sweet.
For Cami's birthday dinner we went to the Garden restaurant in Salt Lake on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building. We were there as the sun was setting. The view was incredible.
Because I was alone I got to spend more quality time with Grace and Cooper.
I love picking up Grace and Cooper from school.
This is how we picked up Grace from school on St. Patrick's Day!
Celebrating the first day of Spring!
Cami was so excited she made it through the Winter season. I bought her a flower eclair to celebrate with.
Spending quality time with Cami and the kids on a Sunday!
Cooper even fell asleep on me, bow tie and all!
We kicked off Spring Break with a trip to the children's museum.
We had a fun picnic and played a little baseball on a nice Spring afternoon.
I also got to have major girl time with Grace. We did nails and it was so fun to hear Grace talk about her life.
One of the big reasons I was there was to help be Cami's design assistant. One Saturday we spent 12 hours out shopping for her clients! It was fun and inspiring. I have mad respect for Cami and what she does. She really puts her whole heart into getting the best products and deals for those she is working for. I came home inspired to do more projects on our house! It was exhausting but oh so very very fun.
I don't know how she does it. It took me days to recover!
It was such a refreshing trip. I needed a break and this was the perfect one.
It was good to come home and be back with my boys.














