Thursday, April 3, 2014

Valentines

I love Valentines day!
Mainly because I love things shaped like hearts and everything is pink and red.

It's all about love. A day to take time to express our love and appreciation to our friends and family.This quote from Elder Uchtdorf sums it up for me.
"Because love is the great commandment, it ought to be at the center of all and everything we do in our own family, in our Church callings, and in our livelihood. Love is the healing balm that repairs rifts in personal and family relationships. It is the bond that unites families, communities, and nations. Love is the power that initiates friendship, tolerance, civility, and respect. It is the source that overcomes divisiveness and hate. Love is the fire that warms our lives with unparalleled joy and divine hope. Love should be our walk and our talk. When we truly understand what it means to love as Jesus Christ loves us, the confusion clears and our priorities align. Our walk as disciples of Christ becomes more joyful. Our lives take on new meaning. Our relationships with our Heavenly Father becomes more profound. Obedience becomes a joy rather than a burden."

Mama went crazy this year with her sugar cookie making. I helped her glaze them and we made a lot of deliveries and kept a few for ourselves.
There was a family dance at Jack's school on valentines day.
We all got dressed up, Jack insisted on the bow tie.

After our pizza dinner we headed to the dance.
The cafeteria was decorated so darling. 
When we first got there Jack was very hesitant and shy.
He waved at some friends but did not approach. Finally after a while the girls started to surround and he broke out of his shell.
Jack with his friends!
I wish I could have gotten a picture of what was happening on the other side of this picture. All these mother's of these little girls were all taking pictures and commenting on how darling Jackson was. 
All night I heard "Oh your Jackson is just so cute."
Jack getting his groove on!
He even danced with me! I felt very special.