Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My 30th Birthday

I turned 30 this year!
I was excited to exit my 20's and welcome the 30's. 
Hopefully these years will be kinder to me. 

One great place to be on a birthday is at the Archer house. Cami has some killer party planning skills! Her theme and attention to details really made the night so magical. I felt so very special.
 I chose to have a Great Gatsby themed party. 
This was the year of my golden birthday so gold just seemed to fit perfectly. 

I love drinks! 
There was not a lack of drinks at the party. Cami and TJ even searched everywhere to find grenadine to make Shirley Temples, heavy on the cherries just how I like it!

All of my family was so awesome and dressed up!
 It was so hot but they did it anyways. It totally added to the fun and really meant a lot to me. 
It was fun to see them all acting the part. 
Kate made this awesome backdrop and we had fun taking our turns in the "photo booth"


The Allen's were even there and Ava was only 5 days old! She was dressed in the cutest dress!

Jack was fussy and wouldn't dress up for us. It took a lot just for him to wear the hat during the pictures.

For dinner we had all my favorites. It was a good effort from everyone making the dinner. It all came together so nicely. The company was good there was music playing on the record player it was just a wonderful atmosphere!

Birthday Dinner from whitney Balls on Vimeo.



After dinner we had birthday donuts, crouquet and dancing. 
It was especially fun when the little ones went down for bed and it was just the couples enjoying the night dancing under the twinkle lights!


 



I didn't want the night to end and lingered at the table a little longer just soaking in all the fun. The most touching thing was at dinner each family member said the kindest words to me. 
It was wonderful to be at the table surrounded by such love and to share this milestone!
...............................................................................................................................

My actual birthday was on a Sunday.
I got to witness the greatest event on that day, sweet baby Ava being blessed.
That little girl is the sweetest and it was so wonderful to see her surrounded by such wonderful men. Griffin gave her the sweetest blessing.
  
Nana and Pepi with all their grand babies! This is the best one I got because of the wiggly bodies!


Ava slept through all of the blessing, including being held by the oldest cousins!


It definitely was a birthday to remember!