Thursday, August 29, 2013

Little bits and pieces

Last batch of Utah pictures. 
What a great thing to be able to go back and relive our great time in Utah. I look at these last couple of pictures and they make me smile as I can recall my feeling in each one. 

Jason and I went to the Salt Lake Temple for the first time with Ranell.I had never been in the Salt Lake Temple and I was in complete awe of the beauty contained therein. To be surrounded by such history, beauty and to feel such complete peace. That was heaven to me. It gave me the recharge that I needed and was an experience I will not forget.


Jack and Grace had swim lessons again this year. They were both nervous the first day. I was so glad they had each other.I am sure it was nice to have a friend and cousin by their side.While the kids had lessons Cami and I hung out with Cooper. He would feed the ducks and entertain us. After lunch we would go back for free swim. Cooper loved swimming in his little pool.
Jack and Grace were such good swimmers playing in the big pool.They went off the diving board over and over, something that was fun to watch.


The last day of swim lessons we had a combined picnic celebrating the kids accomplishments and to say goodbye to the Allen's. It was something sitting there with all my sisters and all the babies. I came to tears several times. It is in those small moments that I am overcome with gratitude I am here to see it all. They mean so much to me.
We fulfilled our promise of shaved ice, a promise I was happy to keep.

Cooper turned three on the last weekend we were there. He had a cars themed party. I loved being there and watching Cami and TJ make cars out of cardboard and decorations for the party for that little boy. Coopers little face as he saw the cars come together and how excited he was about everything. It was all he would talk about. On the day of his birthday he was the cutest! I love that little boy so very much!


That night the kids got to stay up late and watch a movie outside in their cars! They got so excited when their cars came on. They had popcorn and drinks with glow stick wrapped around them so they were all lit up. Jack still talks about it!

On our last visit with Grandma and Papa, they took us to an arcade and out to a movie. It is always been so fun to watch Jack with them. He loves them so much and has such a special bond with them.



I am so grateful for all the experiences that we got to have while out in Utah. I am so thankful for a support team to help raise Jack. I am limited in many aspects but not with family and support. Jack got to experience and do so much on our trip, so much more than what his Summer would have been like if we were home with just me! 
Thank you family, it was truly wonderful!