Friday, August 30, 2013

Boca

The first weekend in August Jack and I accompanied Jason down to Boca Raton for a work conference.  It was just the three of us, a beautiful resort and a tropical location.

It was about a four hour drive and on the way down I caught up on all my design magazines that had come while I was gone. When we walked into the hotel I felt like I had stepped into one of the pages from my magazines. It was a Spanish style resort with modern decor. There was art pieces everywhere and beautiful landscaped gardens. There was even a croquet yard where those playing had to be in all white! Talk about fancy. The first night we got in around nine but we were so excited we spent some time exploring the grounds. We were too excited to sleep.

We were in the tower portion of the hotel on the 20th floor!
The view was incredible. 
We could see all the lights of the city and lights from the boats.

In the morning when we opened the blinds this is what we saw!
We were right on the inter coastal waterway and had so much fun watching the boats. We could also see the Atlantic Ocean in the distance.
The view below!

The resort had an awesome activity for the kids. It was called the mizners quest. 
We got a map and had to find different locations around the resort to collect different colored wrist bands. Jack and I would swim and then go on our hunt a little each day while Jason was in class. It was a great way to explore the resort. There were so many pretty places we found. I had just as much fun as Jack on these hunts.