Our new house is coming along. We are anxious to get in it! Well that is an understatement. I literally have to take a "chill pill" as Jack says its, every time we go to the new house. My little heart starts pounding with excitement and I can't calm down. It is kind of a wonderful thing to have to take a calm down pill because I am so happy.
We have been having fun shopping for furniture and and accessories for the new house. I have made out a plan of each room what furniture will go in it, what window coverings and what color to paint everything! That's right we can paint everything and leave it!!!!!
The nice thing about all this time we have had to get ready we got to take our time finding the things we really wanted to go in the house. We needed to get a bigger sofa to match our white love seat now. We had been watching the IKEA prices on one that was perfect. At the beginning of December it shot way down in price. Not wanting to miss out on this sofa we acted fast. A little too fast because the box wouldn't fit into the Subaru. Jake was there with us and he and Jason took the stuff out of the box and shoved all of it in the car. It was tight but it fit!
It turned out on that same day a year ago we made our big uhaul trip (dream trip) to IKEA. I told Jason that it must be a tradition from now on. IKEA Christmas trip each December 17th!
We took a lot of late night trips to sneak into the house. There were workers there during the day so we couldn't go in. During the construction phase you needed an agent to go in with you and had to wear hard hats. We found it easier to just go at night. Jason and I usually ventured alone but took Jack one night. He was so scared and worried we were going to get caught. He kept saying "I have never snuck into a house before." We told him that this was the only house he was allowed to sneak into!
It was fun each time to go and see new things happening.
One of the things I am most excited for! The Jetted tub!
The house has all the appliances so it is now locked up at night. One night we did a drive by and all the lights in the house were on. We had fun peaking through the windows. That was the first time I had seen the kitchen complete and the carpet in! I sure squealed with delight!
We also now have landscaping!
We take little detours to the house often. Especially on our way home from church.
We have final walk through on the 8th of February and then closing on the 21st! We could have been in the house this week but couldn't get out of our lease at our house till the end of February. Jason is also taking a trip out to Utah for a conference and to visit with family the day after our walk through. I just want to get in so bad but it worked out so we have time to pack up, move and put our current house back to it's original state, meaning repainting and removing our mark. Hopefully these next few weeks will fly by! I also just got a big refill of my calm down pills so I think I will be set! There is much to look forward to and such excitement! We just can't wait!










