Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas this year.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Not only just on Christmas day but the whole season. There is a special magic with a child in your home. There was so much excitement and it wasn't just Jack who was excited this year. This was my fifth Christmas out of the hospital and really my first one where I was truly looking forward to the holiday season. It only took five years to get there!

I love Jack's teacher. We have really enjoyed kindergarten. I loved and decorated with all of the projects he brought home. These are only a few, next year we might have to have two trees because we gained a lot of ornaments this year.
Jack even got to wear his pj's to school one day for a class polar express party. He was a little apprehensive about wearing his pj's all day and that he would be the only one. But he was reassured when we saw other kindergartners walking in with their pajamas on.
I had asked Jack what he wanted to give his teacher for a present along with her gift card and he replied "I want to give her some chocolates." We got the chocolates and Jack made the cutest personalized card.
The front.

"Mrs. McDermott, Thanks for teaching me." The last line was totally backwards!

The Back.
First minutes of Christmas break! I was more excited than Jack, I don't think he quite grasped how long he had out of school!
Jack had been begging me for weeks to decorate some Gingerbread men. We were so busy we just didn't have the time. Right after I picked him up from school we stopped at the store and I purchased some gingerbread men from the bakery. Luckily I didn't slave away making those cookies. He decorated one. Ate the arms and legs off and then he was done.

Christmas was again at Mom and Dad's this year.
Granddad and Uncle Jim were there again this year.
The beautiful table for Christmas eve dinner.


Reading the Christmas story. Jack insisted on being a Shepard. He was the only one who dressed up this year.


Christmas morning brought what Jack has been talking about non-stop the Lego mine set.


He built all day long. Building ten sets in all! His little back hurt at the end of the day.


My favorite moment on Christmas day. While everyone was upstairs watching a grown up movie Jack and I stayed downstairs. We played his new games and then I just sat and ate and watched him play. It was special just the two of us.

Jack's first train set.

I had so much fun finding and giving presents this year. I know that is why my heart was changed. I went to bed on Christmas night with such a full heart and gratitude. I spent it with my family, my little 6 year old and at home. What wonderful presents indeed.


As I was putting the Christmas decorations away I got so excited thinking we will be in our own home next Christmas. Then all those decorations will have a permanent place! We will spend more than one Christmas in the same place.