Thursday, January 3, 2013

Aunt Cami pays us a visit!

Time flies and we are now in a New Year, I can't believe it. December flew by in a flash. I love the winter season because we get a lot of visitors and family time every year. This year I got to spend time with all my siblings in one month. Cami got a surprise get away trip from TJ as a gift and she was here for a week! I picked her up late one Friday night and we spent the night in a hotel close to the airport. It was an unscheduled stay but Jason was down with the flu.  My immune system being how it is I couldn't afford another virus. Sweet TJ used points and got us a hotel room! Cami and I stayed up till about three just talking. We talk everyday on the phone sometimes multiple times but being in the same room is so much fun. Plus I had to get all the recent stories about the adorable Archer children.

Aunt Cami is always so fun to play with. 
Cami wanted Jack to bring all his superhero stuff to Sunday dinner at Nana and Pepi's so they could play superheroes together.






On Jake's day off he surprised us by telling us he was taking his Sisters out to lunch. We headed to Hollywood studios and ate at 50's prime time cafe. It was one of the cutest restaurants I have been to. When it was our turn to be seated they called out "Brenchley kids it's time to eat." It's been so long since we heard that. I had the best fried chicken and collard greens. Defiantly not a restaurant to be missed if you are in the park for sure! We headed to the toy story ride and had fun talking about house stuff while waiting in the long line. It was so much fun, I soaked in every minute of it.
Cami is such a hard worker even on vacation. She helped me do all the projects that I have been meaning to get to but just didn't have the energy to get to. She is amazing, taking half the time to do the jobs it would have taken me. She even spray painted my dead topiary giving it new life and making my entry way more inviting for my Christmas party! We hit the stores hard shopping while Jack was in school and going out to lunch. She even let me sleep in a couple of mornings and took Jack to school for me.


The week went too fast. Jack cried all the way home after leaving Cami with Nana and Pepi to head to the airport. Cami just happened to fly out minutes before Kate and Griffin flew in. When Monday morning came it was sad to come home and not have her at the house. 
That familiar ache tugged at my heart of missing her so much. I really have a hard time being so far from my sisters. In a perfect world we would all live in the same neighborhood right next to each other!
Hopefully Cami and the kids will be back out in March to help me put together yet another house. This will be the last one I swear. Although it has been a fun tradition every time family visits we are living in a new place, right?
Love you Cami and loved our week together!