Jackson has started off his Kindergarten year!
Jason gave Jack a sweet father's blessing for his school year. Jack started to cry after the blessing and told us that he was happy and felt warm inside. It was a very touching and reassuring moment that it is going to be a great school year.
I got to walk Jack into his classroom and to his desk the first day. He was ready and there were no tears or anything he just sat at his desk like it was totally natural. It didn't hit me Jack was going to be gone all day till I got home. The house was so quiet I really missed that little guy and spent most of my time checking the schedule to see what he was doing.
When I picked Jack up he was all smiles and happy.
We hit major school traffic coming home. I had gotten cupcake to celebrate and Jack ate it in the car while we waited to get home. As soon as we did get home he got out his Legos and went online to Lego.com to see what he could build.
Jack has been excited everyday to go to school.
During the first week of school parents are allowed to walk the kindergartners to their class. Well on the 2nd day Jack told me that I could just drop him off at the car loop. I was shocked and a little heartbroken. It was only the second day and he wanted to be so independent. I asked him one last time as I was in line at the drop off if he was sure he didn't need me. He reassured me he knew where his classroom was. When he got out of the car he did turn around and blow me a kiss.
Needless to say I cried all the way home.
However I do love his school and he seems to have a very wonderful teacher which gives me peace of mind.
Jack has done really well with the whole day schedule and finally broke down one day falling asleep shortly after getting into the car.
What a big boy that Jackson Cooper is becoming.




