Friday, August 24, 2012

Just the three of us and paradise.

The morning after we flew home from Utah we took off just our little family of three down south to Marco Island. Jason had a conference and Jack and I got to tag along.  The conference was a super nice hotel. Jason and I felt totally out of our element. It was so fancy and beautiful!
The view from our hotel room was really incredible. 
A view of the Gulf, beautiful courtyard and one of the pools.
 The first night we went out to dinner with one of Jason's classmate and took a dip in one of the pools. Then we walked along the beach after sunset and took in this view
Each morning Jason would go to his meeting. Jack and I would hit the beach and pool and then when Jason was done with his meetings he would join us. 
We had fun on the beach.
 
Playing in the pools.
 There was this fun slide just for kids. 
Jack spent the majority of the time going over, over and over again. 
It was great Jason I got to just relax near the bottom of the slide and have some time to catch up from our month apart and watch that little boy so very happy.
 We had a blast just relaxing


Watching the Sunsets.

 And just being together, just the three of us. This was really our first big family vacation just us!
We loved watching the Olympics on our down town in the hotel. 
We were watching track one night and it took Jason and I back to our track days. 
I wanted to see if I had anything left and challenged the boys to a race.
 I raced both both and won. The little one is a little cheater cutting me off several times and the husband was kind and let me win.
The boys then had to race. 

We had fun eating on the balcony and looking out at the ocean
and Jack loved using the cool hotel key.
It was a wonderful four day get away with my boys. 
One of my favorite parts was how happy the boys and I were.
I don't know how many times tears came to my eyes with the realization this is how life should be and will continue to be.  My other favorite part were those one one talks with Jason inbetweeen Jack's turn down the slide. We talked and planned a lot about our future and I am so grateful that we can talk and plan and dream. 
When it was time to go I was sad to leave that place but my heart was full and happy.
We had a great Summer. It started out a little rough but overall it really was the type of Summers we have been talking and planning for.