Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Plan.

Meredith and Jake were in town for a couple of days recently. It was a couples Disney retreat but we got to spend some time with them. I mean how could we be this close and not hang out? I got to meet them and Mom and Dad one night at BOMA, one of our favorite restaurants located at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Several years ago when Jake was working with Disney he worked at the restaurant across the way from BOMA and he got us hooked.
They have the most amazing butternut squash soup. We were so sad when we found out that particular soup was not in that nights soup rotation. We mentioned our disappointment but went to get our food. When we came back there were three bowls of Butternut Squash soup at the table. Our waiter had gotten some from the restaurant next door. You got to love Disney and their customer service.
Dad was the most excited for the soup.
As we were eating we found out from Meredith that Jake's butternut squash soup tasted even better than the one we were eating. Jake described what was in his soup and we all drooled and made him promise next time we have a chef's dinner that should be on the menu.
After dinner we took them back to their swanky Disney hotel and walked around for a bit. I got the idea that Jason and I need to have a couples Disney trip and I am determined to make this happen!
As mom, dad and I were planning to leave we started talking about the plans for the week. I had planned to meet them at Disney when Jack got done with school the next day. Well after we got talking and Jake got on the phone and was able to change his reservation to the character breakfast the following morning from two to four. We had come up with a new plan. Jack was going to skip school and we were going to Disney!