Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thank goodness for Aunt Nelly.

It seems like our life goes like this we have a great day where everything is great and then we are hit with a couple rough days right after. This happened after a week of fun with cousins and Disney Jack woke up the next morning with his eyes sealed shut and swollen.
His eyes had gone down a lot when I took this picture.

Aunt Nelly flew in that night to spend a few days with us. She was so  sweet and watched Jack her first day of vacation for he was sick and I had to go into Orlando for a test.
I have been having issues with my stomach among other things and went to Jason's office to get some help. I have a hard time eating, I get so full so fast and it is starting to be painful especially at the end of the day after dinner. I was sent to get a test to see if my stomach had some delayed emptying. I went for the four hour test where I had to eat radioactive eggs and then was scanned every hour to see the progress.  For the first time ever I didn't want a scan to come back normal. If I did have delayed emptying the solution would be somewhat simple, just treated with some medication.
 I had two hours between one of the scans and got to hang out with Jason in his office and experience a little of his work day. Jason took me in with him since my scan was just across the street and he was able to get off early and take me home. Despite the reason it was fun to get to spend some time with Jason just the two of us. We got the results back and it was normal, which made me sad and frustrated. As odd as it seems I wanted something to be wrong so it could be an easy fix. The next step is to get a biopsy of my stomach to see if it has something to do with Graft vs. Host.
When we got home from the hospital Jack had seem to have gotten worse throughout the day and Jason took Jack to the doctor. It turns out he had a eye and sinus infection.
Nelly's TLC was just what Jack needed. He loved having her just down the hall from him. Over the next couple of days we had fun with Ranell. We went out to eat, watched movies, went shopping. It was just great to hang out and talk with her. I woke up on Saturday with my eye swollen shut and sick so I missed out on going to the Temple and beach with her but she got to spend time with her brother and Jack and it was good for all of them.
 We love you Aunt Nelly! Thanks for coming and spending time with us.
Hopefully next time we will all be in better health!