Jack and I arrived at Mom and Dad's just as the Thanksgiving day parade began and Nana's traditional pecan rolls were out of the oven. Jason being the loving husband shooed me out of the house relieving me of packing duties to rest my tired body and to enjoy the morning sitting.
While mom put the finishing touches on the meal I prepared my last batch of rolls. Sadly I did not do much in the way of food prep this year due to the move but I did however do my part by making the rolls...I made close to five dozen. I knew Jason would eat a lot of them and wanted everyone to be able to take some home for sandwiches. That is one of the best parts.The guests arrive
Aunt Lynn, Robert, Granddad and good friends Charlie and Susan Younger joined us. Jason working on the apartment and arriving just before eating. That sweet man.
Charlie and Granddad are best friends and we all got a kick out of them in their matching shirts. They were good sports to wear the funny hats. Jack wearing his headdress he made in school.
It was one of the best meals with Mama pulling out all the stops. My favorite was her homemade pumpkin pie. It was so delicious.
Jason and I offered our services for the clean up.
It was are treat to be in the kitchen having squeeze in close with Jason to share the sink. You can always tell how good the feast was but the number of dirty dishes and there were a lot!
After naps (for some) and a short trip to the apartment to do some more packing we met at the Rialto theater for a movie and sandwiches for dinner. Granddad spent the night at a hotel close by and it was so fun to spend an extended amount of time with him.
We even go to meet for breakfast with Granddad the next morning.
I was so thankful for that meal! I ate a big and wonderful breakfast that really helped me get through the big and very long moving day.
