Sunday, November 27, 2011

Our monthly theme and what it means to me.

As stated on the header of our blog this month we truly have been counting our blessings and giving thanks. Each picture posted in the collage stands for the things that I give thanks for daily.

1. Jason and our eternal marriage . Our relationship has been through a lot and has shown me a different kind of love and romance. He is my calming influence through everything. He accepts me  for how I am and helps me see the potential of what I can become.
2. Jack our miracle baby. We all joke that he slipped right in there and it could not be more true. I am so very thankful to be able to experience the pregnancy and birth of a child. Having that ablility taken away has made me reflect on that time as one of the most sacred times in my life. It was an extreme trial to be a mother and going through a severe sickness with newborn. It was probably one of the hardest things I will go through. However I know he was my driving force to fight and to live. I cherish my time as his mother and try to hang onto every moment spent with him and Jason.
3.My membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I would not be where I am without the knowledge of the restoration of the true gospel on this Earth. Of a loving Heavenly Father and Savior. It has pulled me and pulls me from those dark places and continues to shed light, daily on my life.
4. My health, my body, my remission. The last picture means so much to me. It was taken almost two years ago after receiving my first clean biopsy result. I have this on my computer and underneath it I have it titled "peace". It is a daily reminder of the peace that comes with good health, a strong and cancer free body. I am thankful for modern medicine and practices that saved my life and keeps me cancer free.

There is also much to be thankful for especially the big ones this year. Jason's education and graduation from PA school. A new and wonderful job which led to a new move to a house we were so blessed to find and rent.
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year for us to stop and truly reflect on the bounty and blessings we have in life no matter what stage of life we are in. There are always blessings to count and things to give thanks for.