Friday, November 18, 2011

Something to Remember

We are in full swing with the move. Almost all the walls are painted back. The pictures and all the decorations have been taken down, complied and ready to box. 
This is one of the hardest parts of moving for me, erasing ourselves from our living space.
It is the same way with Jack. With every move the hardest part for him is when we take apart his room. Last Saturday we had to take the stuff off his walls and take down his curtains so we could paint. Jack came in saw how bare his room had gotten and started to cry telling me he didn't want to move. It was heartbreaking. He sat on my lap with big tears running down his cheeks. I reassured him that everything would be the same in his new room. I gave him a little talk telling him that his room would again be blue, that his books would again be hanging from the ceiling and that all his cars would make it to the new house. It was a sweet little reminder how important it is to make our house a home each time we move, despite all the work it may be. Something I need to remember at those times when I get overwhelmed with all that needs to be done with the move and setting up of the new house.