He also got out all his Disney characters and did a Disney on Ice show for me and his animals.
It was fun to see Jack play all day and I couldn't go anywhere so he was excited to have all my attention.
There was a tree that had fallen down in the parking lot. They did not get to clean it up until later in the afternoon. Jack ran to the window every time he noticed a car coming close to the tree. Saying "oh car watch out for the tree, watch out for the tree." once the car had passed he would sigh and go back to playing.
The only sad thing about the thunderstorm is that we had a April fools party planned for Friday morning for our playgroup but I was not able to go out at all to get the food and supplies. The grass was saturated and I decided to cancel the party because who wanted to play games in muddy grass or try to keep the kids from all the puddles. Hopefully next week the weather will corporate and we can make it a silly party.
As a result our April fools day was a little light on the silliness.
I was however able to pull one funny/silly thing out of my sleeve.
I told Jack that we were going to have cupcakes for dinner and we did....
they were just meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potatoes as the frosting.
Jack loved it and was such a good eater cleaning his plate. Even Jason got into the silliness and commented that it was a fun dinner.
The ground has now dried up after one day in the sun and everything is that much more green which will make for a beautiful conference weekend.


