Friday, March 25, 2011
Trip to Indiana
Jack and I had the opportunity to head to Indiana for a week to spend time with Jake and Meredith but most of all to be at Meredith's baptism. Mom and Dad and Cami were able to come as well but we were lucky we had a few days with just Jake and Meredith. I loved being able to see my family and being so far away from my siblings it is always something on that first day to sit across the table from them and actually see, touch and talk to them and internalize it all. It was wonderful to see all the work that they have done on their house. To see where they work. Oh this trip was amazing with all the wonderful food I ate. I fell in love with Bloomington and was overwhelmed at all the diverse and unique places there are to eat. One of the best places was that first night Jake and Meredith took us to the Scholars Inn Bakehouse. We got up to the counter and Jake said get whatever you want we eat free here. I am sure my eyes got huge and my mouth fell open because there in front of me was one of my dreams. There were so many wonderful baked good to eat and try and sandwiches and breakfast items served all day! I had the most wonderful french toast that I am still thinking about. It nice to be with the Exec. Chef and reap the benefits. That place was awesome. Later we all went to a movie and Jack was our little entertainer in the car showing off for his Uncle and Aunt. Thursday Jake and Meredith took us downtown and where we had lunch and they drove us around. By Thursday night Nana and Pepi had arrived and Cami was due to come in later Friday night.