The beginning of the second day in Indiana started out with again being on kid duty and I loved it. Once Cooper was asleep I slipped out to watched Jack and Grace play outside. They were right in the middle of pretending they were on a camp out and then hearing me on the deck they came up with sticks and started pretending that the deck was a ship. Jack was Peter Pan Grace was Captain Hook and they decided I was Wendy. Peter Pan started fighting Captain Hook for my freedom.
![]() |
| Captain Hook and Peter Pan |
![]() | |
| Captain Hook and Peter Pan combined forces and I was freed. |
There was a lot of cuddling with Cooper and each other. This became a favorite thing for everyone.
Cooper is the happiest little guy and smiles all the time.
I had to get a video so that I could remember and play it when I was missing all of them. I love this one because Jackson and how cute he is with his arm full of toys coming to see if Cooper could play with him. I can see these two boys getting into some trouble together in a couple of years.
That night it was the pre wedding dinner, where Chef Jake prepared an amazing four course meal. I cannot describe his food because I have never tasted anything to compare it too. It is so fresh and he uses such unique combination of ingredients together that really compliments each bite. He truly is one amazing Chef.| Mom and Dad with THE Chef Jake |
Jake fed 22 people that night, both families and the wedding party. Each plate was executed so beautifully. Before each course Jake came up and explained the dish . All four courses were created around Meredith's favorite things. It was so very romantic and thoughtful. It really was something.
| Aunt Kate was so great with the kiddies! |
One funny thing about the Ostrich. After Jake had come up to tell us about the Ostrich dish Jack wanted to be with Jake as usual and Jake put him down so he could go back to the kitchen to present the dishes. He told Jack he had to go get the Ostrich ready so we could eat it. Jack asked Jake what an Ostrich was and Jake said it is a big bird. To which Jack responded with fear in his voice "We are going to eat Big Bird." Oh man it was hilarious. And yes Jack gobbled up that big bird.
What a great dinner it was the food but also the feeling behind it I think at some point everyone was crying at that table Jake and Meredith are just so perfect and deserving of each other their love was so palpable.
After the wonderful meal we all rolled out and headed to the Bakehouse associated with the restaurant Jake works in in Bloomington. The Scholars Inn bakehouse. We had to get some of their granola. Every time Jake visits or someone in the family goes to Indiana we always have to have some of that granola it is so good.
| Mom buying us all a bag. Well Cami got a huge piece of Chocolate Cake instead of course. It is not a family vacation if Cami doesn't eat a huge piece of chocolate cake. |
![]() |
| The girls in front of the Bakehouse in enchanting downtown Bloomington |
![]() | |
| I love my sisters it was SO wonderful to be all together again |
![]() |
| My best friends. So beautiful. |





