Thursday, July 1, 2010

Twenty Seven

I turned 27 yesterday. 
I am getting closer to my 30's and couldn't be happier. That may sound odd but the 20's have been hard years for me. I was diagnosed at 20 so every year that I get older I get farther away from those days and that means more years in remission! 7 years I have made it seven years. 
Yesterday was a day full of great celebration.
I started my day off at Mom and Dad's. I had a doctors appointment over in Tampa with a new doctor and just decided to spend the night. I came out in the morning to a  birthday serenade from Jack and Mom.
Dad got off work early and we headed to Orlando. We met Jason for frozen yogurt. After a nice nap Mom and Dad took us all out to dinner at the Beach and Yacht Club. A Disney resort. 
The hotel was beautiful with a New England,  Hamptons  feel.
The beautiful lobby.
We ate at the Cape Mays restaurant a seafood buffet. That meant all you can eat crab! My favorite. There was a ton of good food and I think I ate my weight in crab, salads and desserts! It was marvelous.
After our wonderful dinner we went and checked out the hotel and the grounds. Jack picked out a seat to watch some cartoons and I sat and just soaked in the beautiful ambiance with a full belly.
 I loved those chairs.
Right outside was the boardwalk. It had just stopped raining so the boardwalk was all washed down and the mugginess was not bad at all. So we took a walk around.A perfect night.
The boys were having a good time I swear. I guess just not in to taking pictures!
 There was a dance hall with music spilling out of it
So of course there was some awesome dancing.
 As we were leaving the hotel we were just in time to see a little of the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom.
It was a great day full of calls, messages, texts and cards from friends and family. I felt so loved. I went to bed with a very happy heart, for it was a great 27th Birthday.