Today we had a primary activity. The theme was Proud to live in America. Jack and I got all our gear at the sweet dollar section at Target to get ready for the big day.
But what happens when the actual day arrives? Like the typical three year old won't wear any of it. We did had fun once we got there. Watching a movie narrated by John Wayne about America. Learning all about the American flag and learning new songs. We made crafts and even a cool key chain. What a great activity it was.
The kids "marching" with their flags.
Each class designed a patriotic poster to decorate the gym. For my class we covered our poster with "hand-some" flags. I got the idea from one of my mom's mailbox magazines that she uses for school. Jack and I tried it out beforehand to see if it would work. It was such a fun thing and they turned out great. To do this project just get washable paint in red, white and blue. Paint the palm of the right hand blue, then alternate the fingers red and white. Place hand on paper. It said to use silver stick on stars, which I couldn't find so I just used a silver marker and drew the stars on when the paint dried.It is a super easy project. I did this last Sunday during class. I was worried paint and dress clothes would be a disaster. They are 8 and 9 year olds so it all went off great. Good for any age.
It had a fun poem that went with it that we put on the poster.
When it's time for the pledge to start.
I put my right hand over my heart.
I promise to honor the red, white and blue.
And to America I will always be true.
I love this time of the year!
I love this time of the year!