Friday, April 9, 2010

In my Kitchen Blog

I am excited for my new project that I have started with my mom. We are collaborating on a recipe blog! There are many things that brought about this endeavor. First of all I have been wanting to do this for forever but the time wasn't right and I needed my mom on board because most of the stuff I make I have gotten or learned from my mom. Now that we live close and I can rummage through her recipe books and cards it is much easier.   Growing up my mom made the most wonderful meals. Some of the best times we had were in the kitchen. Holiday meals were always the same and always so good. When I was able to cook for my own family I made the things we always had and it was fun to share those joys with my boys. Food brings me joy and was one of the leading things that got me through all those doctor visits,tests and bad sick days. At this stage in my life I feel helpless with all the stress Jason is going through with school. So I do what I can and make sure he has something good to look forward to and eat when he comes home. I wanted a way to collaborate the recipes I have tried, modified and tested along with my mom's recipes she has prepared for us for years. Since Kate is moving away and soon both sisters will be far away this is an additional way for my mom and  I to feel connected to them.
You can gain easy access through the button on the sidebar and it will take you straight to the site to enjoy!
The official web address is inmykitchenblog.blogspot.com!