Day two was a busy one. We were in Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois and Indiana. We stopped at our first Steak n' Shake in Illinois...I was so excited..it was a true sign we were closer to the south.
Jason after a lunch at steak n' shake. For those of you who have never experienced the hamburgers and fries here...let me just say good, good, good!
Pictures from the day Mormon bridge, 1000 mile marker on our trip, Des Moines, the Mississippi River, Illinois border, A truck hauling a truck, I was asleep and looked up and freaked out because it looked like the truck was coming at us. Crossing the Indiana border, City scape picture of Indianapolis.
Picture with Chef Jake at his restaurant. It was unreal to be there with him. I do not have the words to describe the food he made for us. It was so amazing, fresh and everything tasted like heaven. It was a five course meal and I will never be the same again...and neither will Jason. Jake is amazingly talented. Jason said that meal was worth all the miles we put in to get there and he would do it again in a heartbeat.Pictures of Jake's creations below...I need to have him email me with his descriptions of the dishes...I cannot do them justice.

Jake and Meredith, It was so nice to finally meet the love of Jake's life. She is beyond great and they are so great together and not to mention soooo very happy.

group shot outside the restaurant in Indy. It was amazingly beautiful inside. I was too busy taking pictures of all the food I forgot to take them of the inside of the restaurant.

We drove to Bloomington after dinner. Jake gave us a tour of the Bloomington Scholars Inn location. Jason and I fell in love with Bloomington. So many trees and of course Jason already had a love for the town just for the cycling movie "Breaking Away" he kept commenting on how great it would be to bike on those same roads. We spent the night at Jake's house, he was kind enough to give up his bed and it was the best nights sleep.