Sunday, May 3, 2009

On the road...day one.

Well tonight I report from Omaha Nebraska. Today we traveled 960 miles. We left Utah early this morning and headed through Logan Canyon and over to Wyoming through that vast terrain and then onto Nebraska. We are close to the Iowa border and will cross that first thing tomorrow morning. We are tired but it was great to finally be on the road. All this moving stuff, tearful good byes and not getting enough sleep has lead to me losing my voice. Since I could not talk on the phone with family or talk to Jason, we got through the 13 hour drive with treats, drinks and Jason was kind enough to listen to Harry Potter on cd with me. It is off to bed and then tomorrow we are headed to see Jake in Indiana. We are SO looking forward to seeing him, eating in his restaurant, seeing his house and of course meeting the lady in his life, Meredith.

We saw signs for this hotel while we were driving through Wyoming. I tell you they had that hotel sure marketed...every couple of miles or so they had signs they advertised all the services available. So when we got there ( in Cheyenne) I had to take a picture with the sign. We didn't see much of the hotel but I will say the bathrooms were posh. Best bathroom stop yet! Random pictures...Rain on the Nebraska Plains, A tunnel in Wyoming and a morning shot of Bear Lake in Utah....I had to do something to pass the time...
Below....Video Documentation...mainly because our son loves family movies so.