Saturday, April 18, 2009

To my mother...the birthday girl

It is my mom's birthday and I wanted to honor her with a post today! Our relationship has grown so much over these last years. Even though I am a grown woman and a mother myself there still is nothing like having your mother be there and take care of you when you are sick. She just knew just what to do to make me feel better. She fed me good food when it was hard to eat, she slept several nights on a little cot near my hospital bedside. Most of all she prayed with and for me through it all. She has always said there is power in a mother's prayer and I know that there is. She was my mother and nursed me back to health so that I could continue to be a mother. So today mom I honor you...I love you and I wish you a most wonderful birthday celebration.