Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter is the Best!

Last night I went to bed with a grateful and a happy heart. Yesterday was a wonderful day. I love Easter and I always have. It is a holiday centered around our Savior it is a celebration of rebirth and the Atonement and this year I felt it all. Two Easter's ago I was in the hospital for my first transplant. I woke up in my drugged state to find a nicely filled Easter basket at the foot of my bed. I was unable to eat any of the treats inside but I remember thinking "oh it's Easter, I so do love Easter." That day I thought of what it truly meant to have a rebirth as I was right in the middle of mine. This last year of recovery has been hard and many times I have had to call the angels for assistance and they always came. The days before this Easter I found myself immersed in projects. Cooking, sewing creating and I have never be happier. I am back.....and my heart is humbled. Yesterday morning I was listening to Music and the spoken word and the message touched my heart. Here is some of the message The coming of spring is a change we anticipate and welcome. After a cold winter, we rejoice in longer days and warmer temperatures. And as the snow begins to melt, we watch for splashes of color and for those first brave blossoms. But perhaps it’s more than good weather we’re looking forward to—it’s the abundance of new life and new hope offered in spring. Sometimes only in the winters of our lives can we truly appreciate and believe in the miracles of spring. Like children who run through grassy fields in search of hidden eggs, adults too can search and find new life and new hope as we turn our hearts to God.
I believe in the miracles of spring and the miracles that occur when we turn our hearts to our Savior.
The Easter bunny came to our house and left Jack a chocolate car among other treats, he was in heaven. We then went down and went to church with Cami. T.J and Grace. After church we had an egg hunt for the kids (with the help of the adults). We then had a wonderful dinner and then Jack and I were invited to one of Grace and Cami's special tea parties!
The beautiful Easter table. The decorations at Cami's house were incredible and so was the meal.
yep that is me taking out the pinata. That was one tough little chick (meaning the pinata of course) This was after Jack and Grace had a shot at it but were not interested when nothing happened. I took charge and got that candy out!


My contributions. I made aprons for Cami and myself to keep our Easter duds clean. Then I made that wonderful trifle dessert. It was the perfect spring dessert.
Tea Party fun! You could tell Grace had done this a few times as soon as she sat down she pointed to the teapot and said "mama teapot" Cami got right to it!


We had an egg hunt with Grandma and Papa on Saturday. Grandpa Seth dyed the eggs and even hid them. Jack loved the basketball eggs that Grandma found and enjoyed his new Easter book.
Like I said it was a wonderful day.

For the full Music and the Spoken word message go here