This week..well actually this whole month,I have been dealing with the terrible two's with Jack. I don't go out because it's just not worth carting a screaming kid into the house or out of the store. I have bad ingestion from eating quickly so I can clean up Jack's dinner off the floor before he plays in it and I am so sick of saying "no" (or variations of no but said in a positive and loving way :) That I am annoying myself. But today after he was in his room...playing quietly when he should be asleep...I was cleaning up and I kinda laughed to myself. Even though things are rough right now I love being a mother. I am so glad that I am finally his primary caregiver and get to be with him 24/7. This can be hard to see during the rough times but today I noticed things that made me laugh. Evidence that I was a mother to an active toddler boy.
1. The physical evidence: finger prints on the t.v,glass door, the bookcase and the mirrors or anything that shows fingerprints
2. Juice stains on the carpet, cookie crumbs and the occasional abandoned half eaten piece of banana.
3.Cars everywhere!In the drawers, cupboards, closets and even a couple in my purse
4.Pillows always askew and off the couch and bedding crumpled
5.His little bike and chair in the office...just so little and cute and waiting for his use
6. Discarded binkies and blankets where food or toys looked better suited for his tastes at that time
All these things tell me...here lives a little boy, my little boy and I am glad (at this moment) that they are all around to remind me to be grateful for him because soon he will grow up and I will miss those little signs of Jack.