This has been one busy week for the Balls family. First of all I am so shocked that it is the last day of August and tomorrow will be September...where did the summer go? Jason has started his last year here at USU and we are looking forward to some really big changes...and finally we are talking about GOOD changes. I am so proud of him. Just last Friday Jason had message on his cell phone. It kept blinking all day so after a couple of hours of looking at it I picked up his phone to listen to the message. I never do this but it had been bugging me and I am glad that I did. The message was a lady on the admittance board from Nova Southeastern University located in ORLANDO, FLORIDA calling to set up an interview pertaining his admittance to the Physician Assistant program. I was ecstatic to say the least. Florida was one of the places we were strongly leaning towards due to the heat and the extra added bonus of my family, they also have a wonderful cancer center there where I did my radiation. So we are all flying out for a short visit and for Jason to have his interview. It is great that I get to see my family again so soon. It is just good to know that we have options and really helped us realize that this changes we have talked about for years will happen in just the next couple of months
So I woke up Monday morning with Jason asking me if I wanted to go to Florida on the 17th? What a great way to wake up. It took me all morning to calm down but that afternoon Jack and I headed down to Salt Lake to spend the week with Cami and Grace. I had multiple doctor appointments and thought it would be easier to stay down there then drive back and forth. Plus Jack and Grace love each other and they have so much fun. We had a good time playing together, watching movies and even going on bike rides. Thank you Archer family for making it such a fun visit, it was good to get out and have some fun. The doctor visits went well. Whew what a relief. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to go in there and just say fine and no new symptoms or problems and answer no to all their list of questions. All I have to say is that I am so thankful that I am young. I am reminded of this gratitude when I am told over and over "it is a good thing you are young or this...and this...could be going on right now." I am in a good place where I can relax a little. It really was not going this well this time last year so hallelujah.
Jack got an early birthday surprise. Jason had ordered this little bike without peddles for Jack a while ago and it came while we were away. Jason built it and had it waiting for him when we got home. Jack is so cute with it and is getting better "walking" it around. He still has a little growing to do though. He sure does like it! He does the cutiest thing he will be on the bike and then he will look at it with this huge smile, will point at it and say "my bike!"Maybe he will be able to sit on the seat by his birthday on the 25th.
Jack and I also traveled to Bear Lake to be with the Balls family. Poor Jason had to work but it was good times. Jack loves being at the beach and in the water. He is quite the water baby. It was some fun times with the cousins and his aunts and uncles. Thanks for the good food, fun and the fun on the jet skis..Jack and I both loved it all.
I am glad I have Florida to look forward to this month because I hate to see the summer go and the cold come back in…but I think this year will be better because I know there are good changes that will blow in with the spring wind. (below a little movie of Jack on his bike...it is just easier to take videos of Jack than pictures because he seems to always be moving)