Change is rough alright. Today we changed church schedules. Because we are going to a student ward we change at the beginning of the school year, rather than the new calendar year. So we went from 9:30 church with Sacrament first, nursery last. To 1:00 church with nursery first. Oh man we were worried. One o'clock is right when Jackson goes down for his nap so when we got in the car for church we didn't know what to expect he already had tired eyes. He cried a little when Jason dropped him off which is not like him he loves nursery but I guess he calmed down and when we picked him up two hours later he was HYPER! Little to say he didn't spend much time in the chapel but more time in the foyer with Jason. When we finally got him home he ate a little and then laid down on the floor in the living room and fell asleep. Jason tried to keep him awake but he wouldn't budge. He slept for a while then Jason tried to get him up, changed his diaper and then when he let him go he ended up in the doorway to the office. I wasn't any help I was passed out at well. I have had bad allergies all week and this weekend it had gotten worse. I lost my voice and was super congested and totally out of it. Needless to say it was one of the longest Sundays. We are hoping that next week goes better and we can talk Jack to taking a little nap before church. That would be best for all of us, parents and child. All I can say is don't mess with a kids schedule...it sure is rough.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Change is rough
Change is rough alright. Today we changed church schedules. Because we are going to a student ward we change at the beginning of the school year, rather than the new calendar year. So we went from 9:30 church with Sacrament first, nursery last. To 1:00 church with nursery first. Oh man we were worried. One o'clock is right when Jackson goes down for his nap so when we got in the car for church we didn't know what to expect he already had tired eyes. He cried a little when Jason dropped him off which is not like him he loves nursery but I guess he calmed down and when we picked him up two hours later he was HYPER! Little to say he didn't spend much time in the chapel but more time in the foyer with Jason. When we finally got him home he ate a little and then laid down on the floor in the living room and fell asleep. Jason tried to keep him awake but he wouldn't budge. He slept for a while then Jason tried to get him up, changed his diaper and then when he let him go he ended up in the doorway to the office. I wasn't any help I was passed out at well. I have had bad allergies all week and this weekend it had gotten worse. I lost my voice and was super congested and totally out of it. Needless to say it was one of the longest Sundays. We are hoping that next week goes better and we can talk Jack to taking a little nap before church. That would be best for all of us, parents and child. All I can say is don't mess with a kids schedule...it sure is rough.