We made it home and my heart hurts. I am such a baby and hate good-byes and I hate missing people. When Jason and I were dating I moved to Florida with my family to finish radiation and recover in the heat. We got used to talking on the phone nightly and he came out to visit for New Years. It was such a good time to be together and when he left it took me weeks to recover. It was then that i realized that I couldn't have it all and I had to grow up and made the choice to move back to Utah earlier than I had planned (plus I was now engaged and that made the heart ache ten times worse) So now I am with Jason and now we have Jack and it is so wonderful to be able to come home and be with my family. My heart aches because I loved being able to see my mom and dad and Kate everyday. It was so fun to watch them all play and take care of Jack and they were so good at letting me relax. It was also good to be around my parents because I could see why I am the way I am . It was fun to see that I had some of the same habits of my mom and some of my dad and it was really nice to feel that way, almost that you know you belong to them because you are like them. That is the good things about family they really help you put things into perspective. So thanks again mom and dad for the wonderful time and for being such wonderful parents. I have learned so much from you and I can find joy in noticing those things as I go about my daily life here in Utah. I miss you so but will see you real soon.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Family
We made it home and my heart hurts. I am such a baby and hate good-byes and I hate missing people. When Jason and I were dating I moved to Florida with my family to finish radiation and recover in the heat. We got used to talking on the phone nightly and he came out to visit for New Years. It was such a good time to be together and when he left it took me weeks to recover. It was then that i realized that I couldn't have it all and I had to grow up and made the choice to move back to Utah earlier than I had planned (plus I was now engaged and that made the heart ache ten times worse) So now I am with Jason and now we have Jack and it is so wonderful to be able to come home and be with my family. My heart aches because I loved being able to see my mom and dad and Kate everyday. It was so fun to watch them all play and take care of Jack and they were so good at letting me relax. It was also good to be around my parents because I could see why I am the way I am . It was fun to see that I had some of the same habits of my mom and some of my dad and it was really nice to feel that way, almost that you know you belong to them because you are like them. That is the good things about family they really help you put things into perspective. So thanks again mom and dad for the wonderful time and for being such wonderful parents. I have learned so much from you and I can find joy in noticing those things as I go about my daily life here in Utah. I miss you so but will see you real soon.