Friday, May 2, 2014

Our Blooms in the Spring

While I was in Utah the boys planted our garden! 
I have been waiting so long to have our own garden. I was so grateful for my dad for making the garden boxes and working with Jason to haul all the dirt home and plant all the plants!


 Jack loves the garden. He planted the seeds and every day after school we have to go check on the garden to see how it is doing. When I got home and they took me out to see the garden Jack told me all that was planted. We have peas, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes. We also have green and yellow peppers. strawberries and several herbs. 
I am looking forward to our first harvest and eating from our garden. 
Dad made a trellis for the peas to grow up and a fancy trellis to go around the cherry tomatoes adorned with a golden pineapple on top. Oh how I love his artistic touches. 
Our yard has come a long way in just a year we have  fun watching things grow and blossom. 
It has been great learn and watch my dad add and design our yard. It looks so beautiful and so tropical. It's  pretty nice having a live in landscape architect. 

Jason and I talk often of future plans for the yard and it makes me excited, we also talk a lot about grass. Jason strongly dislikes our grass and you would be amazed how much time we spend talking about it. Jason can pretty much fit it into any conversation. I have several landscape ideas/dreams that require pulling up grass that Jason gives his support too, so I am in some ways thankful for our bad grass situation.

Just some shots to remember our yard Spring of 2014