Monday, May 5, 2014

Easter

We have been so lucky to have family here two years in a row for Easter.
 Last year the Archers were here and this year Kate and Ava were with us.

Jack and I dyed eggs. I had more fun than Jack I especially found joy in the color that was produced by dying brown eggs. I think we dyed over two dozen eggs!


Easter morning.
Jack had a hard time finding his basket tucked in the piano.
The Easter bunny is getting harder each year!




This year Jack got several chapter books in his basket instead of toys, he is growing up!
Sacrament meeting was so wonderful. I love Easter Sunday. Jack was in a little children's choir as sang the most beautiful song. It was very touching to watch Jack sing with such conviction about the Atonement and Jesus. I brought tears to all of us. It was a gloomy day raining on and off. I wasn't feeling well so I took Kate and Ava home early from church. Ava and Kate were so cute matching in their Easter dresses!

When we got home Ava was able to get into her Easter basket. She crawled to get it and it was THE cutest sight. As Ava explored her basket with her mommy I sat and watched. 
It was some serious cuteness overload going on between that Mama and baby.

Ava in her Easter bonnet, so adorable!

Our family in our Easter best.
Our Easter feast included
Berry Glazed Ham
Easter Mashed Potatoes (that included a little bit of white chocolate!)
Asparagus with lemon sauce
Homemade yeast rolls
Malted Vanilla Cake

Thank you Mom for all your help with the dinner, I couldn't have done it without you!
I loved seeing Kate and Ava at the other end of the table!

Before it was too dark and the rain had stopped we did a little egg hunt with Jack in the back yard.
I do love Easter and a chance to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the chance for all of us to be reborn and start anew. It is something I am grateful for every day of my life.

I am also sending in a request to the Easter bunny for a basket just like this next year!
Oh that Ava Allen, she is just too cute for words!