Since we have moved to Florida we have wanted to go to historic town of St. Augustine.
We thought it was a great time with everyone here to finally take that trip.
We started our trip at the beautiful St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum.
Ranell, Seth, Jason and Jack made the climb to the very top, that's eight flight of stairs.
I wish I could have gone but my ongoing chest pain kept me grounded. Pat and I kept each other company. It was fun to see cute little Jack on top waving at us down below.
Oh Jason.
This was posssibly the best moment!
Grandpa Seth asking Jack if he could come aboard.
We spent the night in the hotel and one of the highlight for the boys was cable and the ability to watch sports! I took this picture because to me Jack looked so grown up taking in a game of basketball. I could just see his teenage years flash before me.
I loved St. Augustine and all the history.
We took a tour of a jail.
We went into the Castillo de San Marcos.
Jack was so excited he got to go into a real fort!
I bought Jack an old fashioned pistol that made sounds. He ran all
around the fort shooting. It was so fun to see his little mind going and
his imagination taking off.
We went on this train that took you to different spots within the city. During the tour they gave us history facts. This street is the oldest street in America. The tour guide even told us that part of the running scene with Forrest Gump happened on this street. Jason and I being HUGE Forrest Gump fans, made a special trip back to this street so Jason could run down the street that Forrest ran down.
When we got home we researched and watched the movie excited to see the street. We couldn't see it...so we looked it up! There was not one website that cited any filming happening in St. Augustine Florida. Jason took such offense he started to write a letter to the city of St. Augustine telling them of his disappointment. He never did end up sending it but it sure was a fun moment for me. There are so many who are always telling me how quiet Jason is and how they cannot imagine him ever getting upset. Well he does, and when he does he WILL talk to someone about it. This is why I love him.
It was however a fun moment and it was a pretty street.


