Monday, March 31, 2014

Cheers to 2014

We rang in the new year with bubbly, fireworks and noise blowers! 
Pat and Seth were here to join in the celebration.







2013 was a big year for all of us!
The biggest thing being buying our new house!
Here is a break down on the family and what 2013 was to us.
Jason is the man and works so hard for our family day in and day out.
He has been bitten by the project bug and often suggests a weekend project all by himself. He was even painting on New Years Eve, that two years in a row he has rung in the new year painting.
Home ownership looks good on him.
He is a big boy now and got a brand new car this year!
 A 2013 Honda Accord (we joke just like Jesus)
With work Jason goes out to many nice dinners and has become somewhat of a steak snob because of it! Also through work we have gotten to stay at some pretty nice resorts for work conferences. 
He has become a changed man and luxury looks good on him!
It has also been a great year for Jack and Jason bonding through sports. I love watching Jason practicing baseball with Jack or giving little pep talks during games. He gets excited and it shows all over his face. He also gets nervous too during games which is also fun to watch.

Whitney. I have had quite the year. It was the year of the dentist, doctor and hospital visits! I got my wisdom teeth out and had a bridge, a root canal, a crown and several cavities filled. Costing us way too much and over 15 dentist appointments. I am proud I finally did it and once we have it all payed off I will be really happy I did it!
 I was in and out of the hospital due to extreme chest pain. I went to the heart doctor had a heart cath and stress test and everything else that goes with chest pain. Then I had endoscopy to see if the chest pain was GI related. Nothing there so I was then sent the pulmonary doctor to check my lungs. All with no answers. We are down to taking new medication as it appears to be GVHD (my lovely friend) related.
On the day of my scope wouldn't you know it I had pink eye as well! 
Despite all of that I have had a wonderful year working and finding things for the house. 
It has been great therapy for me and on the days that I don't feel good I like to just sit in one of the rooms of the house and look at it and dream of what else I can do to it!
I really love being involved in Jack's childhood and doing the simple things each day. Picking him up from school and turning up our jams is my most favorite thing we do!

Jackson. Jack has grown up before our eyes, he has more and more personality every day.
It has been a big year of sports.
Jack started basketball and completed his first season of baseball.
Currently he is now onto the spring season of baseball which is pretty serious business. We love to go to his games.
 
First grade has been a great year for Jack.
He has made a lot of friends and has become quite the reader. Finally he has the desire and the drive to read.
 I love sharing books with him and our trips to the library with him.
 He can read with us during scripture study and not just sit and listen.
It seems like Jack grows a little taller in his sleep each night. He has had quite the growth spurt. He is also into video games which makes him seem older in my eyes. He will spend hours if we let him. He still loves Lego's and spends most of his free time either playing with them, talking about them or drawing down his designs. When he is in Lego mode, watch out!
Jack has a best friend and they are always together. Joey and Jack are into the same things and when they are together it is all about lego's, star wars and a lot of weapons and fighting...basically all things boy. I am just here to facilitate snacks and rides to his house.


2013 brought a lot of new things and we are happy to move on to another fun filled and normal year! Hopefully full of a more memories and good health for all!

*I am posting this at the end of March but I had it written for a couple of months I have just been behind in everything due to my health. We are three months in and it has already been a great year!