Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Painting Fools

There is a lot of painting that has taken place over the last couple of weeks. 
Jason painting walls and I have been painting and spray painting things all over the place!

Since we moved into the house I have been going out with a good friend Friday mornings to garage and estate sells. It has been so fun for me. It's the highlight of my week and I love having projects to work on during the week. There is something therapeutic in creating and transforming regular pieces of furniture to fit into the house. Here are some of my Friday finds and our recent paint projects.

I found these plain stools  and this gorgeous chair.


Sanded and painted the stools. All the chair needed was a good cleaning.
For now the stool will act as a table until I can find a high table. 
 We get Mom and Dad's piano next week and wouldn't you know it that chair matches the wood of the piano! It will be a fun little listening corner!

I found these nice sturdy side tables at an estate sale. I haven't gotten to painting them yet. They will go up in the guest room. For now they are acting as a table to help add more light in the dining room. It also is displaying pictures that are waiting to be hung until another project is finished. I thought I might as well decorate with my waiting projects instead of hiding or stacking them somewhere else.

 This was just a plain metal tray I spray painted yellow . I love the pop of color it has added.
Simple. cheap grapevine wreath spray painted.

Jason has been so wonderful and put up with me and my painting requests. 
 He brought the stripes back!


We are painting upstairs a navy blue. It will be navy on top and then white wainscoting on the bottom. Jason has quite the project with this color. Since it's so dark it needs two coats. We are doing this project in phases. Phase one, the stairs, is now complete. With the tall ceilings Jason risked his life edging and getting those high places above the stairs. He is such a good man.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other projects I've been working on.
 My friend gave this me this cool old ironing board and chair. Our Master is so big and our lack of furniture makes it look really empty.
 I put this little corner together to make the room seem less bare.
 I am really excited about having an office. It is so nice to have all our books, papers, wrapping paper, cards and such all in one room. It's upstairs so it is nice and bright and I can hear Jack in his room playing. I love this picture, Jason peeking out! I can't wait to get our bookcase and filling it up!