Friday, August 17, 2012

The "fake" birthday party.

 Towards the end of the month Nana and Pepi joined us in Utah!
The kids were so excited to be with them and of course they came bearing gifts.
 Mom wrote this wonderful story about Grace and Gordo called Gordo Gets Manners. I helped Mom turn her pictures and words into a book just before I left. Mom brought the book, we had so much fun looking and reading that adorable story.
That night we met up with Kate and Griffin and TJ at City Creek. We went out to dinner and it was so wonderful to have so much family around the table. It's not the best picture but I wanted to remember that feeling of that dinner.
 
After dinner we all headed to the Archers for a sleep over. 
Since we were all together we were going to celebrate the Summer birthdays.  Cooper in July Grace in August. We had Grace's party first. 
Grace had her choice of swimming or bowling for her party and she had originally picked the pool but the water was too cold for the Florida boys so we headed to the bowling alley.
I had a blast watching everyone bowl! I even got to see how well all my physical therapy had done for my body. Last September while we were in Utah we went for Jack's party and it was rough I think I bowled a 23 or so. This time I went up on the weight of the bowl and was in the 70s! A really terrible bowling score but it was nice to see all that hard work pay off.
After bowling we hit up the arcade and had fun playing games.
Griffin and Kate scored with their tickets!
I paid Griffin and Kate in tokens to do dance dance revolution. Cooper wanted to get in on the action.

 We returned to the party house, which was all decked out in "Up" inspired decorations and colors. We had dinner, cake and presents!
One of my favorite pictures. Cami made the adorable cake  but I seriously love Cooper's facial expression.
Grace with some of her loot!
Then we all got together to do a group shot in the playhouse. 
Oh man it was seriously funny getting ready for this shot.
I sure do love my family.

It really wasn't Grace's birthday that day and she kept calling it her fake birthday party.....but today IS Gracie girl's birthday! Oh how we love you Grace! I can't believe you are 6 already!