Sadly I was pretty sick for the first couple of weeks in Utah. My body still had not quite recovered from all that went on through the month of June. We also got hit with something at the pool that had Cami and I out of commission. We had planned on spending one weekend camping and spending time with the Balls at Bear Lake. However when the time came I knew I was too sick to go. I didn't want Jack to miss out so Cami was kind to drive us up to Logan so we could drop off Jack for the weekend. Before I said goodbye we took the kids around Logan to show them some of our favorite places.
We started with lunch at Old Grist mill where of all people we ran into sweet Aunt Villa! A blessing in itself! It was so wonderful to get to visit with her.
Then we headed to the Logan Temple where kids loved walking around the Temple grounds.
I love this picture. I want to give it to Mom and Dad titled where it all started! I know that I took for granted just living a couple of blocks away from the temple.
Next we took the kids up to the University and of course we had to get some Aggie ice cream.
We were going to take the kids up Logan canyon but again I couldn't make the drive so we settled for first dam where we flew some kites.

![]() |
| Well for the most part we flew the kites. Cooper was frustrated with his kite's performance. |
![]() |
| Jack using his kite as a shield. Like most things, a kite is not just a kite to Jack |




