Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shiny

Yesterday we took Mom and Dad around to some of the areas we have been looking at houses. While fun for adults it was not so for the little boy. We bribed him with new superhero action figures for good behavior.  He earned two, a new Iron man and a Wolverine. 
Today when we arrived at school Jack was hesitant to get out of the car. I could see he was trying to hide something in his pocket but he was met with some resistance. On closer inspection I saw he was trying to pocket Iron man. I told him to leave it in the car because he knew the rules, no toys at school. Jack started to cry and pleaded with me to let him take it in. I wouldn't back down on one last effort he held the action figure up to me and pleaded  "But Mom he is so shiny."
The crying continued all the way to his classroom. He clung to my leg and would not let go. I gave him a hug told him that Iron man would be waiting in the car for him and led him into his classroom. Jack started to walk into his class with the coaxing of his teacher, stopped turned around, looked at me and whispered "so shiny." 
I chuckled all the way to the car to the awaiting shiny Iron man. 
Oh how I love this little boy.