Today we celebrate the birth of my mama!
She is probably going to kill me but I wanted to post this picture because I love it.
I love this picture for several reasons.
I am close to the age now as my mom in this picture.
I like to picture her life as a young mom, her days filled with teaching us all the things to help us grow and develop. Daily I find myself thinking of her and about how we were raised. We were always involved in activities. Holidays and birthday's were so wonderful because she always made them so special. She made dinner every night so we could all eat together around the table. It was my favorite time of the day. Not only because I loved food but because the house seemed so warm and cozy. I feel close to her when I am in the kitchen making dinner for my family. My mom is such a gifted story teller and to this day when I read books from my childhood I can hear her voice. I have gleaned my love of stories from her. I know my sisters have too. Even the grandchildren love books especially recommended or read by Nana. My mom is so wonderful with her students and puts so much effort into her work just like she did when we were little. One day I was at her school and someone commented to me how they just loved Ms. Mary and how she was so wonderful. To which I responded "yes I know, I grew up with her." My mother is such a devoted wife. Each night she would prepare for the arrival of my dad by making sure the house was straightened up and welcoming for him. Something I do and always think of mom. Mom is always so willing to help, nurture and take care of us. When you are sick or in need she will always come. So many lives have been touched because of this woman and there are so many things to celebrate on this the day of her birth.
I love you mama and I am so glad you were born!
Happy Birthday!
