Sunday, October 2, 2011

Bowling Birthday Party

Saturday we had a combined bowling themed Birthday party for Jack and Tyler.
Cami is a decorating fool. She had all this put up in fifteen minutes when it comes to parties she is the party master. It was awesome and we got it all done before Jack and Tyler arrived from their sleepover. Their faces were priceless.
 Even our menu was bowling themed.
Balls on a roll (meatball sliders)
Beans down the lane (bean salad) with 
Spare chips (corn chips)
Bowling balls and pins (vegetable tray)
Corn pin (corn cobs)
I love planning menus for parties and this one was especially fun. I loved those bowling shirt plates!
We had lunch and then presents!
The cute ones at the kiddie table
Jack's dream came true and he got two superhero masks. Spiderman and Captain America. At least now when he goes into super hero mode we know which one to call him.
Maybe we should have gotten one for Uncle TJ.
Then it was time to go to the bowling alley to do some cosmic bowling.

 I even played, gimpy arms and all. Everyone beat me including Jack but it was an accomplishment just to have been able to bowl.
We were on four different lanes so I was not able to see and get everyone's pictures. Kate and Griffin were in one lane. I was with Jason, Jack and Seth in one lane. Grace, Cami and TJ in another. With Darren, Amy, Ella and Tyler in a lane together. We had Pat and Cooper as cheerleaders.
After our fun time we went back to the house for cake.
Amy made this rad bowling cake. It was so perfect and yummy.
 Cami has this fun cupcake book that shows different cupcake decorating ideas. I had planned to do bowling cupcakes but I am not so skilled in the decorating department so after a failed attempt I went and bought some stuff and added them to already made cupcakes.
It was so great to have a birthday party with a lot of family and cousins. This is a big reason we miss living away from everyone.
**********************
The rest of the night was kind of mellow. TJ and Jason were up in Logan for the homecoming USU football game and the rest of us were wasted. It was our last night so we soaked up the cousin time. 
 Jack loves his masks, so much so we went out that night to eat and he wore it into taco time, pretend shield and all.
Oh Taco Time you and your crisp bean burritos will be missed...until we meet again.
We said our goodbyes to Kate and Griffin and headed home to put the kids down. After a tearful goodnight to Gracie I got to spend one last alone time with Mr. Cooper. I know he will grow so much by the next time I will see him so I took plenty of pictures to sustain me and even a video to watch. I have already played it several times.

This trip did wonders for me for now I can picture what all the kids are doing and how they act and I know their voices. Especially the newest ones Everett and Cooper.

Whew that was just some of the pictures I took this trip to Utah. It has been wonderful to look back as I have posted our week. All three of us had an excellent time doing the things that we all wanted to do.We talk of how perfect that week was and how much fun we had. 
 Thank you family for feeding us, driving us around, letting us sleep in your beds taking us to all our favorite places to eat and arranging your schedules to spend time with us. You all made our trip wonderful!