Saturday, July 2, 2011

Big News and Celebrations.

June was a big month of celebration. 
We had some great news come our way that Jason was hesitant to share since nothing is signed yet but with that being said I think it is alright to announce it. Jason interviewed at the Moffitt Cancer Center for a position in the BMT clinic and he was offered the job! He will not start until October since he has to graduate,take and pass his boards and get licensed. We are just so happy that we can finally plan for the future. Also great news that we get to stay in the area which is a wonderful relief. We could not be more excited for this new stage in our life.

Along with that great big news June was also spent celebrating fathers day, Our six year anniversary,my birthday and not to forget all the excitement from Cars 2 that felt like Jack's birthday. We have truly been party animals and it has been so awesome to celebrate such wonderful things. Each occasion special and significant.
Taken on our anniversary. We were laughing how when compared to how we looked on our wedding day six years ago we really have aged and matured(?). Jack just couldn't let us take a picture just us he had to sneak himself in which is super cute and I am glad he did.

I had a wonderful birthday. We were supposed to head to the beach with some friends but got rained out. So we took the kids to Chik-fil-A to play inside. As we were sitting there my sweet mom came in with cupcakes for all! I felt like a little kid again with my mom bringing birthday treats to all my friends. We had dinner in the big city at my favorite, P.F Changs and then followed by a shopping trip to get some well needed clothes. Then home to have my awesome "cake". Knowing me so well Jason got creative and I got this awesome donut tower in place of a cake. It was amazing and totally what I love.


 Jack was totally eying those donuts all day. He was so anxious for us to all finish eating and head home so we could finally eat the donuts that had been taunting him all day.
It was such a wonderful day. I was touched and brought to tears many times with so all the  kinds words and thoughtful gifts that I received. I have some amazing people in my life and I am so grateful for the love and support. I got everything I needed and more. Including a new cookbook to work my way through. 
My sweet mom had ordered a cookbook I had been looking at and mentioned months ago it was such a surprise. I got so excited flipping through the book with all the new meal planning possibilites.
Now we are onto July. I am excited because I absolutely love the 4th of July weekend and all the festivities surrounding the holiday. We get to see Jake and Meredith, attend our annual 4th of July party on the beach with cousins, Aunts and Uncles and celebrate Granddad's birthday. Jason loves it because it is the month of the Tour De France! Today he has had it on his computer as he cleans the bathrooms. It was quite the sight to see him hauling all the cleaning supplies and his computer from one bathroom to the next. I took a picture but I am not allowed to show it. 
I love this time of the year! 
Happy 4th of July to all.