Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Whitney!

It's the eve of my 28th birthday and I can't help but think of the American Cancer Society's more birthdays commercials. I tear up each time I watch one especially when they say they are the official sponsor of birthdays. Like every big event or holiday I am always in appreciation that I get to still be here to experience these wonderful life milestones. Birthdays are huge to me so big that I get to celebrate two every year! The day of my birth in 1983 and my re-birth thanks to my blessed brother and donor, in 2007. I have heard it said in regards to a cancer survivor that happy birthday is a victory song and this truly sums up my feelings getting to celebrate another birthday, victorious. Here is one of my favorite commercials.



Also I want to post about me. I neglect to write down things about myself. I am good at documenting Jason and Jack's life and not so good about doing it about me.I feel that I will regret that because I never wrote anything down while I was pregnant, I hardly have any pictures because I felt it wasn't about me but about the baby and I was waiting to write it all down about Jack. Now knowing that was the only time I was able to be pregnant it makes me sad I didn't get over myself and just do it. 
 So........... this is me
I hate mornings..I always have the least energy this time of the day. It usually takes me until about one to finally get into a grove. I hate it because it makes me feel so lazy. I am a true night owl I have my highest energy at night and feel the best just when I have to go to sleep. Sleep is another thing, it doesn't come easy I have a lot of aches and pains that hamper me at night and I usually spend half of the night walking around. Which is probably why mornings are so crappy. If I could find a way to switch these energy levels my life would be saved.

I like to cook and I love to eat. However the things I snack on and are my pleasures are rather weird. I am not a big fan of sweets and desserts. I have fun making desserts but hardly eat them, usually only taking one or two bites to make sure it is tasty for others. I prefer fruits and veggies almost always over anything else. Well not everything I do love cake donuts and could eat those all the time! My guilty pleasure is soda but even now I am prone to only diet because regular soda tastes too sweet. My drinks get me through the day. Especially fountain sodas, agh I love to hit the convenience store for a nice big drink with lots of ice!

My favorite time of the day starts with dinner, then onto a clean Jack right out of the tub and story time, to family prayer and then when Jack is down spending time with Jason watching our shows or movies. I love the banter that we have during the viewing and have fun the next day fitting in different quotes from our shows into our conversation.

I love taking snap shots of moments in our lives and usually take at least one picture a day. Usually they are just random but I love them and love to look back through all the pictures. Videos, I love taking videos of Jack. His little voice is the sweetest thing to me. I love being able to watch them, to see his little mannerisms and facial expressions. I want to remember it all I fought too dang hard to be here to take it for granted.

I am still very socially awkward and will analyze a conversation that I had had that day over and over grimacing on what a dork I must have sounded like. I have a lot of issues that I sometimes am too proud to admit so in not explaining my behavior in certain situations makes me look like a fool. I am getting better, being in seclusion for those two years really did a number on me.

I love family outings. I don't care what it is. Even if it is going to the store all together I enjoy it. I love beach days, bike rides, meals and movies together, playing games, road trips, porch time, plane rides, airport trips (picking up family, not dropping off), Moes Mondays, trips to the bookstore and library, Sunday drives and exploring new places.

Whew that is harder than I thought.  I definitely like talking about the boys more than me.
However I got over myself and did it (you're welcome future self and posterity).