It all started with Jack running into my room and yelling "It's June 24th! Cars 2 comes out today." I was still in bed and was told promptly to get out and make it so that he could race his cars. We already have four of the main characters from the new movie that Jack has earned and learned about through the dozens of movie trailers he has watched. He promptly got to racing them around the bed.
I had to coax him away from the racing to eat something for breakfast. He came but only because I promised a Lightening McQueen juice box.
Then it was back to more racing. I had to coax him away from racing again to eat lunch. As promised we had a cars lunch to celebrate with more cars 2 juice boxes and cars shaped macaroni and cheese. Jack has a hard time eating lunch he NEVER wants to stop playing so it was a rare treat to see him sit down and eat.
Surprisingly Jason got off earlier than expected and we were able to head to the theater after a short cars break and nap. Jack was bouncing as we turned into the parking lot. I do have to say we were all excited we have been waiting for this for a while. Jack's joy was contagious.
Jack with his ticket!
This particular theater Jack had never been to and loved the cars theme that it has. It was not planned but totally fit and added to his excitement.
Once we got inside Jack starts running to our theater so excited that we were finally there. He was so cute sitting in his seat with his little kids popcorn and drink. When it started for the first 15 min he had his hands up to his mouth in awe. It was a sight I will never forget. I kept looking over at him throughout and each time there was a look of amazement.After it was over Jack was anxious to get home even rushing us through our trip to get ice cream. He wanted to get home and truly act out the movie now that he had seen all of it and knew what happened. As soon as we got to Nana and Pepi's to take care of Sheldon, Jack whipped out the cars he brought and has been recreating the movie ever since.
It has been quite the day and I have a feeling that this is not the end to hearing about Cars 2 it is only the beginning. In fact on the way home Jack was reporting to Nana and Pepi over the phone about the movie and stated that he was going to need all the new characters so he can play the whole movie. Oh dear Disney knows how to do it. We were only two cars short from the original cars show now we have to start all over again. However it does bring him such joy and I guess there could be worse (more expensive) things.
Today was one of those days I don't think any of us will forget.