Monday, June 20, 2011

Celebration of the Man


This weekend we had a little taste of the graduation celebration that is to come. Saturday night we attended a graduate dinner honoring all those graduating from NOVA's Orlando campus. There were people getting their bachelors and their masters in business, counseling and education as well as all the students in Jason class in the PA program. It was a nice excuse to get dressed up, go out on the town and eat a free meal! Our anniversary is on Tuesday so we took the time to do something for that on Saturday and headed to the temple before the dinner.

Since we knew we were going to get home late Saturday night Jack go to spend all afternoon and then have a sleepover with Pepi. Mom is in Utah visiting the sisters so it was just Jack and Pepi. Jack was so excited to go he packed his suitcase with all the essentials. Swimsuit, Pj's, blankies, stuffed animals and the rest of the space was filled with cars. He pulled that heavy suitcase all the way down our stairs and to the cars not wanting to wait for us to help he was that excited to get going.

The Orlando Temple is so beautiful I always forget how white and breathtaking it is. On the drive there you turn a corner and then all of a sudden it is there on the hill, practically glowing. Surrounded by all the green the white really stands out.
When I took this picture Jason had made the comment how he knew he was squinting before looking at it. I was tempted to take another picture but I loved this picture because it is so us. We don't do the lovey dovey thing very good and since moving to Florida Jason seem seems to ALWAYS be squinting  so we have to take several takes on pictures and it really was just too hot to do so.

It was fun to be out with Jason and be with his class mates at the end of the two year process. The last school function I saw everyone was at the white coat ceremony at the very beginning. It was great to be on the other end looking back at all the students had been through then looking/dreading to all they had to do. All of the other graduates besides the PA students were done so there were a lot of speeches on yes you are done you did it...a little teaser for those in Jason's class. Speaking of which Jason is done with his rotation at the BMT clinic he passed his big comprehensive test on Thursday and only has one written test left. He starts surgery tomorrow for his last six week rotation then he is back in the BMT for the last four weeks then graduation!!!!

This next picture is not the best picture but I am posting for a couple of reasons.
A. My dear sister Cami let me borrow this adorable dress. She even included the jewelry to match she is that awesome. I told her I would get a picture and every one I took with Jason did not show the whole dress so I needed one just me....
B. This is why I don't have a lot of "just me" pictures because when Jason takes the pictures they always turn out blurry. He has the shakes (that is his excuse anyways)
C. Jason got this awesome champagne glass as a graduating present and sadly it is the only type of fancy glass we have or have been given that is cause for documentation. Also the first of Jason's graduating presents to boot.

 We took the opportunity to hit our favorite frozen yogurt place before leaving Orlando. We rode all the way home reveling in uninterrupted conversation by child or radio,it was glorious. It really is all about the small things.

 Sunday the celebration of the man continued with the day spent with some of the important men in my life. A great day in church and then later we got together for a dinner with two kinds of pie one for each father. Lemon for Dad and chocolate creme for Jason.

My baby's daddy, future daddy and my dad! Some great men!

A perfect weekend to celebrate all wonderful things, graduation, anniversary and fathers.