Today our little family of three took a day trip to Honeymoon Island State Park. Jason started his ER rotation on Monday. He has varying shifts, an average of three a week so that means he has some days off!!!! We took full advantage of his day off today to hit the beach. I get into these funks daily of all the things that I cannot do or how my life has changed because of my body and the effects of all those cancer treatments. So a day spent out in nature with my boys sure did the trick to help me see things differently.
It was so pleasant to be out just the three of us.
![]() | |
| I love the sun on my face and a good book in my ear. |
It is called Honeymoon Island...it gets to you.
Plus a lot of my romantic memories with Jason have been on the beach.
Skipping rocks.
Well Jason was skipping rocks, Jack was just throwing them
| Jack with his bucket full of sea rocks. |
| The sea shells my boys collected for me. I love little sea shells. |
As we headed home I thought how great it was to see palm trees and to be out in the world amidst the people with the windows down driving down the coast. It made up for all those long days without a husband and dealing with the attitudes and demands of a four year old.
Tomorrow I get the results of yet another pet scan they always bring me anxiety and stress but hopefully the peaceful feelings of today will carry me through tomorrow.
