We go to the playground a lot. We go during the day when most of the kids are in school so Jack has the whole playground to himself and he loves it. It is his own little tree house. We spend a lot of time there, usually when we leave Jackson has rosy red cheeks and begging for a Popsicle, which means it was a good time.
Jack loves to help Pepi in the yard. He gets his own shovel and helps in the dirt. He also gives great encouragement and compliments Pepi for being a good worker. He has always loved being in the yard/garden with both his Grandfathers.
Jack really gets into his movies. Last month it was all about Toy Story 3. He watched it every day and by the end of the movie all of his Toy story toys had joined him for the movie. When Jason and I are talking to each other Jack will interrupt and say it is his turn to talk and then he always says " Did you know that in Toy Story 3 Buzz speaks Spanish, it is so funny." He then asks Jason to speak in Spanish and he laughs his head off.This weeks movie is Mater's Tall Tales. He gets so excited to watch it that as it is loading he starts to vibrate with excitement. All he can talk about are the different things Mater turns into. After he is done watching he will go into his room and act out all the things Mater does with all his cars. The sounds that come out of that room while he is playing is priceless.
He gets dressed all by himself which leads to some interesting clothing choices. Sometimes he will come to me and ask if the clothes he has chosen match, just like his father does. Today he had his jammies on backwards, both top and bottoms ( I guess I was really tired last night to miss that) and he woke me up this morning wearing the Santa hat. Oh and he gets too excited to sit on the sofa or chair to watch he has to be on the edge of the coffee table.
Jack loves to watch this you tube video. He likes when I turn it up loud so he can dance. Here is a video of one of his dances.
He loves his stuffed animals and calls them his friends. Jason gets home later with this new rotation so sometimes we eat without him. On this particular night Jack came in and told me that we had some guests for dinner. They all sat there through the whole meal and Jack made sure that I included them in the conversation.
I love being able to spend my days with him. He keeps me grounded and going going going.
My favorite time of the day. Jackson fresh out of the bath and story time. If I am lucky he will cuddle for a little bit, but just for a little bit.
Jack says the funniest things as all kids do. Some of the recent ones that I love and want to remember,I had been sick and one night as Jason was tucking Jack into bed Jack mentioned that he wanted to grow up and be a Doctor so that he could help Mommy feel better.
One day while I was getting ready Jack came in and said "Mom you are a girl, I am a boy and Dad is a man." It made me laugh so hard because he put such an emphasis on Man and it was so random.
He is Mr. Chatter box when he is in the car. Usually talking my ear off about what he wants for Christmas, what he did with Gracie while in Indiana, what he wanted to play with when he gets home, what he thinks the name of the song on the radio should be called. One day we were all in the car and he said to me and Jason " When I get bigger I am going to drive you places." I told him that I was going to keep him to that. That on the day after Thanksgiving when he was four years old he promised that he would drive his parents places when he could drive.
His big thing is talking about what he is going to do when he is older. Which makes me really realize how fast he is growing up. I love his sweet little voice and all the time that we spend together and that he actually wants to play and spend time with me and try to cherish everyday I have with this little boy.