Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our feast of Gratitude

We spent this year in Florida at Mom and Dad's house. There were a few more at the table this year than last year. Mom produced another wonderful meal and I got to help by preparing a few side dishes. I think I took mainly pictures of the beautful table because once it got down to eating that was my main focus.
Mom's new plates, napkins and napkin holders. Dad did the flower arrangements
They were incredible. Along with the different roses were carrots, leeks, radishes, beets and other leafy greens.
I tried my hand in making homemade rolls this year. They were so good. Jason being the roll lover had at least four during the meal. There really is nothing better than warm, right out of the oven rolls.
Jackson. This little guy was our entertainer. He was so excited to sing some songs from his primary program and also a turkey song we learned. He took a few bites than stated that he forgot to sing his song. We told him that we would do it after we all ate but that little guy would not eat anything till he performed. So Jack and I got up I played and he sung. After each song he took a bow. With the singing done then he could eat.
Jackson and Granddad. 
Jack disappeared during the meal. He had spent his 15 min with us and then he was off to play. Later I went to see what he was doing. This was the cute sight I found. He had coaxed Granddad away to play with the new cars and airplane that he had given him.

It was wonderful feast. What a year it has been and one big thing that was mentioned in our prayer of Thanksgiving given by dad was for all the new additions into the family this year. The addition of a new Brother, Nephew and Sister all who we love so dearly and are SO thankful for.