I cannot believe in less than a week it will be November. I say this every month but wow times flies and it is hard to keep track of the seasons here in Florida. We are headed to Indiana next week for Jake's wedding I have been pulling out and washing my sweaters and pants. It felt so odd when it still gets into the high 80's. This weekend got me more into the Fall spirit though. All month I saw signs for a fall festival on the drive from our house to mom and dads. So Saturday morning mom and I took Jack to check it out. When I think fall festival I think of all the ones we hit in Utah...hayrides to pick your pumpkin, boxes filled with dried corn, corn and hay mazes hot apple cider and donuts. Nothing like what we found here. (I know, I know Cami just what you are thinking... you can't have everything in paradise.) We left after only about 10 min Jack was disappointed but we promised him we would take him to a pumpkin patch we see every week on our way home from church to pick out his pumpkin. Luckily this was a wonderful pumpkin patch that did not disappoint.
Jack had a hard time choosing there were so many just his size.
![]() | |
| Jack contemplating which pumpkin to choose. |
Jack among all the pumpkins.
| I swear he comes up with all these poses himself. Then today as I was sitting in Jack's room I looked out the window and this is what I saw! A pretty tree changing colors and not because it was dead! Oh a little reminder of what fall is. I was all excited and took Jack over to the window exclaiming something like "look at that REAL tree with the changing leaves"! "Remember when all the tress in Utah did that?" What a wonderful discovery that was, it made my day. |
