Thinking of awaiting this new baby made me think of the last time I was waiting for Grace only a month away from having Jackson. Being a month behind her during both of our first pregnancies was so fun. I looked forward to our daily phone calls of the happenings of each of our pregnancies. Comparing the differences and the similarities. Both of our deliveries were so incredibly different and we had totally different babies. Jack slept all the time Gracie didn't. I got sprayed during each diaper change, Cami didn't. One thing that was similar was our developing maternal feelings and the joy we found in carrying, delivering and taking care of those newborn babies. There is such a spirit that surrounds them and in your very home
Womanhood can be so very hard sometimes. The maternal bond that helps us become such great mothers can also be a great downfall that is hard to hurdle and overcome. Having those babies or not being able to have those babies hurts...but just in different degrees and styles of pain. So today as I think about what is happening at this very moment I cannot feel but gratitude at the joy in all of it. The heartache, the joy and the miracle of being a woman and a mother. What a wonderful thing it is and I am thankful that I am a woman today. Which some days is hard to feel because as a woman it feels like I feel everything with such intensity. Even to the point of sleepless nights..more so with the role of a mother. Right now I sit here with such gratitude to all those woman and mothers out there. What strong and amazing examples that I have in my life.
This new baby could not be coming to a better mother I pray that the angels are around her yet again as she brings this new baby into this world and into the Archer family.
Me and Cami with our "babies". June 2010

