I really love a good STORY.
These are some of the really good stories that have stuck with me. The kind that when I get done reading them I think about them and feel at a loss that the story had to come to an end. Luckily for me I have gotten chemo brain from all the chemicals that were filtered through my body and have read many of these books for a second or third time. Remembering only that I enjoyed the story but forgetting the details so I get the advantage of falling in love with the story yet once again. Most of the time I hate the decline in my memory, but it really comes in handy with books and movies.Here are the books that are photographed.
Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond RostandThe Posionwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (I have read everything she has written from her short stories to her novels and she is a wonderful story teller. All of them are great stories.)
Anthem by Ayn Rand I also love the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged.
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
The power of one by Bryce Courtenay
Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
Harry Potter of course. I love these stories because my mom. She got us into them before they were popular. I think of my mom and the excitement we have always shared for stories especially ones where magic is involved.
all the books in The Enders series by Orson Scott Card.
The Secret life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
To Kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee This book was one of the first non young adult book I read and I feel in love with the story and the characters.
The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Man oh Man this book stayed with me. I listened to this one again a week or so ago and liked it even better the second time.
To be completely honest the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer as well. I read them also before they were popular and it was fun sharing them with people who hadn't heard of them. Mainly because I gave them to people who didn't think it was possible to get wrapped up and consumed in a story.
Our awesome library does home delivery and The Hunger Games finally arrived today. I have been on hold for it for forever. I just started it and think I am on my way to loving it as well.