Wednesday, January 13, 2010

To my people.

Jason and I read at lunch together. Last week we were reading out of the Book of Mormon in Third Nephi and we were reading that the Nephites had become hardened in their hearts and had forgotten all the miracles they had seen. This was after they had seen the signs that had fortold of Christ's birth. They had gone on with their lives. I thought how horrible to forget the miracles that you have seen in your life. While I was sick I used carepages to update my status during the first transplant then the recovery then to the tumors returning and more chemo to the second transplant to the recovery. At that point I started this blog to show that joy that comes on the joy of recovery. Today I went back to read those updates. It was heart breaking to read especially the part when I announced that the tumors were back and growing rapidly. I remember typing that and the feeling of hopelessness that I felt. Then to read the joy that I felt on the day of the transplant seeing Jake's cell invade (in a good way) my body. I also had a hard time reading the posts were I was so out of it Jason had to take over the postings and the kind words of strength he expressed in his way through the words that he wrote. There were a lot of hard days especially those first January days of 2008 were I was so miserable and aching to get out of the hospital. Reading those helped me realize the miracles that have occurred but I also read the comments in each post written by my family and friends. Your words of encouragement and hope and the reassuring promise of prayers issued with faith for healing in my behalf touched my heart. Really touched my heart. So I just want to say thank you. It helped me then and it helped me today not to forget all the good that I have in my life. This probably doesn't make any sense and may be a lot of ramble. But it softened my heart again to the many miracles are in my life. One of those big ones are those in my life then and those who have been added since then. I haven't forgotten all that you have done for me.